Planet drum started
as a small, private drum school in London Bridge in the 90’s. Fast forward to 2022 and we are a creative hub of musicians providing a whole range of instrumental lessons - including music production!
Our dedicated teachers all use music production in some form, so we were excited to hear that Rockschool had actually introduced a music production graded syllabus. This sounded ideal for students who wanted to get stuck in with hands-on experience, without the commitment or fees of going to university to study it.
After speaking with Rockschool, we decided to create an online course to guide students step by step through Grade 1 of the music production course, where they could take their exam at the end. We broke the course down into 10 easy to follow videos, with the addition of using ‘BandLab for Education’ so the students could send us their coursework for checking before they submit for their exam. To help even more, all students receive access to a FREE BandLab course we made to help them with their coursework.
1. Course introduction
2. Music production theory - Instruments, microphones, DAWs and BandLab for education
3. Music production theory - Cables, mixing desks and file formats
4. Music production theory - sound and acoustics
5. Listening skills - Identifying instruments, note pitch, and note lengths
6. Listening skills - Rock and Pop music
7. Coursework - BandLab, adding tracks, rearranging tracks
8. Coursework - BandLab, adding a bassline and melody line
9. Coursework - How to export your project
10. How to apply for your RSL exam
Great course. I am completing the Rock School Music Production Grade 1 and 2 curriculum with my 10 year old son and the course was a great way to get up to speed with how to use Bandlab as a DAW. We have learnt lots of new skills and both feel a lot more confident after completing the course and I am definitely going to enrol on their second course for music production grade 1. Keep up the good work and I hope you also provide grade 2 course soon.
Excellent course for beginners.
It's an awesome experience when you feel like you are clearly learning something new
Step by step intro in the wonderful world of making music. Thanx!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.